Motorsports Enthusiasts HPDE || MoE HPDE
What is MoE HPDE?
Motorsports Enthusiasts HPDE ( MoE HPDE ) was founded because we as drivers are frustrated with the rigid, and sometimes xenophobic atmosphere that most clubs offer. MoE HPDE is an organization geared towards the upper intermediate to advanced driver, who wants to build more seat time in a relaxed and fun driving environment. Less regimented than most clubs, our focus is on maximizing track time to hone our skills, and all of our members are individually vetted for experience to ensure they have the skills necessary to maintain a safe but fast pace.
What should I expect on track day?
Each day consists of six, 20 min sessions, with passing via point-by. Club Members and their rides are as diverse as they come, with everything from bone stock street cars to tube-framed, full blown race cars. We always run in conjunction with a motorcycle club, which allows us to maintain a very low track density. No frustrating trains, no wasting an entire session weaving through crowds of cars.
How do I register?
If you are qualified, getting on track with us is easy. All of our registrations are handled through MotorsportReg.com, so hit the link to see our full schedule and pricing. A season pass which includes unrestricted access to all our events is available. For the full MotorsportReg.com schedule click the link below...
New Jersey Motorsports Park
Millville, New Jersey
Current Weather Conditions
09:04 Tuesday, January 16, 2018.
- How do I get cleared to drive?
- Simply email email@example.com with a brief description of your driving experience in the past 2 years. Only closed road course experience is accepted. We do not count AutoCross, Go-Karting, or Motorcycle experience. Typically we will require at least an Intermediate Solo Signoff with a major club such as NASA, PCA, BMWCCA or similar, and it must be noted in your MotorsportReg Logbook.
- How many sessions do I get?
- A typical track day consists of six, 20 min sessions. There is the possibility that we could lose a session due to on-track incidents or other stoppages, but we may also gain a session by combining groups later in the day.
- What tracks do you run?
- We only run at New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP) located in Millville, NJ. We may expand to other tracks in the future.
- Why do I see motorcycles at your events?
- Running in conjunction with a motorcycle club allows us to limit the number of cars on track at any one time. Typically at Thunderbolt or Lightning we will run a maximum of 30 cars in a session. The motorcycles run in their own, separate groups.
- What do I need to do to prep my car?
- Not much, just make sure you have fresh brake pads and tires, fluids are topped and clean, and you have a SNELL 2010 or better helmet. Legible numbers at least 8” high must be displayed on both sides of the car, blue painters tape is fine. You must also bring a completed TECH FORM. (BELOW) If you have race harnesses, they must be up to date. FIA harnesses are good until the end of the year that is stamped on the tag. All other harnesses expire 2 years after their “Born On” date. Harnesses without any tags will not be accepted.
- What are the passing rules?
- Passing is by point. Details will be discussed at the driver's meeting.
- Can I take an instructor?
- We are an “Advanced” club, but you are free to bring along a certified instructor of your own. If you need an instructor, or you'd like to bring your own, Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get cleared to drive.
- What is the schedule for the day?
- Tech opens at 7:30 AM and closes at 8:00 AM. If you are not in the tech line by 8:00, you may miss your first session. Driver's meeting is at 8:30, and is mandatory. We are on track at 9:00 AM and run until 6:00 PM. We may or may not break for lunch, and the final schedule will be covered at the drivers meeting.
- Do you run the chicane on Thunderbolt?
- Yes, we run the turn 2 chicane.
Contact MoE HPDE